Looking for an easy post-holiday meal using leftover turkey or chicken? My friend Linda Young introduced me to a recipe on the can of Bush’s White Chili Beans called White Chicken Chili. I made a few changes and liked the result so here’s how I made a hastytasty chili from leftover turkey.
Thanks to Bush’s Beans for the original recipe and delicious White Chili Beans.
Hasty Tasty White Bean Chili
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- One yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp. Canola, safflower, or any neutral tasting oil
- 3 cans Bush’s White Chili Beans
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 pint turkey or chicken broth (can, carton, or homemade)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- (Optional) fresh cilantro
- (Optional) grated cheese and/or sour cream for toppings
- In a 4 quart pan, sauté the onions in the oil over medium heat.
- While onions sauté, purée the contents of one of the cans of Bush’s White Chili Beans.
- Add broth to the sautéed onions and deglaze the pot.
- Add puréed beans, Rotel, cream of chicken soup, 2 cans beans, and the cooked turkey.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 15 minutes.
- Add garlic powder and salt.
- Serve topped with your choice of toppings. I like fresh chopped cilantro and tortilla chips.
This recipe is easily adapted to slow cooking or pressure cooking.