If you follow me, you’ve guessed by now that I prefer easy yet healthier cooking. I can’t claim apple cobbler is figure-friendly, but I did lighten it a bit. Here’s how to make my HastyTasty Apple Cobbler.
- One Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix
- One can apple pie filling (no HFCS*)
- Half tablespoon butter
- One serving egg substitute or one egg
- Three-fourths cup liquid (water, milk, or buttermilk)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 9X9” baking pan with butter.
- Cover bottom of the pan with apple pie filling.
- Remove the cinnamon sugar pouch from the muffin mix and sprinkle about one-third over the apples.
- In a large bowl, mix together egg and liquid. Add one-third of the cinnamon sugar and stir.
- Stir in the batter mix with the egg and liquid. Batter will be stiff.
- Drop spoons full over all the apple pie filling.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over batter and gently press in until apple filling is completely covered.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Rotate pan after 20 minutes for even baking.
- Allow finished cobbler to cool ten minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.