Breakfast. I’m a firm advocate of eating breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day because you are “breaking” the “fast” of sleep.
I’m also no fan of fasting. Those diets that involve fasting are not for me! Just as with any meal, I will need to be creative with breakfast if I stick with my vow to stay home 30 days.
We still have eggs and egg substitutes, so today I combined the two to make a lightened version of scrambled eggs. We have plenty of Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties in the freezer, so I added those to the menu. But the star of today’s breakfast was grits.
I blogged previously about making grits in my pressure cooker.(No Grits , No Glory)
Today I needed only a cup of grits so I adjusted the recipe accordingly.
INSTANT POT GRITS FOR TWO
- 1 cup water in the pot of the cooker (the grits are cooked in a bowl on the rack within the pot of the cooker)
- 1/4 cup old fashion grits
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp (1 pat) unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Cook grits under pressure 5 minutes.
- Turn off cooker. Allow pressure to drop completely on its own.
- Carefully open cooker and remove bowl using silicone mitts or potholders.
- Stir grits vigorously.
- Serve immediately
This recipe produces one cup, or two half-cup servings. If you need more or larger servings, simply double the recipe.
In conclusion, I strive to vary our menus while meeting this thirty-day challenge. I don’t want my quarantine routine to turn into a rut.