Yes, today I got the latest Instant Pot, the Duo Evo Plus. If you’re rolling your eyes and wondering why, read on.
If you own an Instant Pot, there’s no reason to upgrade, so relax. But if you’re in the market for a new one, check out this model because the Instant Pot company listened to all the feedback on what they could improve on their multi cookers and implemented suggestions into this model. Here’s what’s new and what I like:
- Progress bar. No more guessing when the pot will pressurize.
- Handles on the inner pot. No more awkward extractions with silicone mitts.
- More cooking programs, although I still have flexibility to manually set time and pressure.
- Spare gasket. I had to order spares for my other multi cookers.
- Better venting. Reduces burn risk from steam during quick depressurization.
- Flat bottom inner pot. If I want, I can transfer my inner pot to or from my stove.
- It sterilizes. The sterilize function takes away the guesswork.
- Everything but the outer housing is dishwasher safe. Everything.
I probably missed some improvement but give me time. It’s still new to me.
As of today, the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus is available only from Kohl’s or Williams and Sonoma, and preorder from Amazon.