I love shrimp scampi. In honor of today’s celebration, I’m re-posting my version, which I call shrimp campy because I serve it over zucchini “pasta.” 🙂 You’ll need a spiral vegetable slicer for this one.
Hasty Tasty Shrimp “Campy”
- 2 medium zucchini, spiral-cut into noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 10 oz. frozen cooked salad shrimp (no need to thaw)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Rinse and drain the zucchini. The rinse water clinging to it should be sufficient to create the steam to cook the “pasta” without overcooking it.
- Steam the zucchini in a covered, 2-quart saucepan over low heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium-size saute pan over low heat. Add the frozen salad shrimp, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Remove saute pan from heat as soon as the shrimp are warmed. Do not overcook.
- Toss cooked zucchini “pasta” with the shrimp. Serve garnished with the Parmesan cheese.
So there you have it: Shrimp “Campy” without the high-carb pasta! And it sneaks an extra serving of vegetables into your daily diet.
One response to “National Shrimp Scampi Day”
Sound tasty as well as healthy.