Here’s a quick and easy skillet dinner. Although I make my own sauce and grate my own cheese, you can use a jarred sauce and shredded cheese. I cook the dish in 25 minutes using my Kitchen Craft Electric Skillet, but you can adapt the recipe for baking in the oven.
Sausage Farfalle Skillet Dinner
- 1 package chicken sausage (Italian Style)
- 2 cups dried farfalle pasta (Bowties) or your choice
- 16 oz. low sodium tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese (or Parmesan, Mozzarella mix)
- Preheat electric skillet to 225°
- Slice sausages into 1/4″ slices.
- In a blender (I use a Vitamix) combine all other ingredients except the pasta and cheese. Puree into a sauce.
- Cover bottom of skillet with sliced sausage. Layer farfalle pasta on top the sausage. Then pour the sauce over the layers, completely covering the pasta.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Lift lid, stir layers, then cover with the shredded cheeses. Cover and reduce heat to its lowest setting.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes then serve.