This weekend we attended a blueberry festival in a little town in Florida, where we sampled a variety of products made with blueberries. It inspired me to create a blueberry recipe for a smoothie. Although it’s easier in a Vitamix, the food processor or blender will work (any appliance that purees). This one is a healthful breakfast for two, and very delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or yogurt or soy milk)
- 1 orange, quartered and peeled
- ½ banana, peeled
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- Add all ingredients in order listed to the Vitamix container.
- Secure lid. Turn on Variable Speed 1, gradually increasing to 10 then High.
- Blend for approximately one minute. Use tamper to move food into blades if necessary. (if mixture is too thick, thin with a Tbsp. of water)
- Turn off Vitamix, remove container, then pour into two glasses.
Yield: 2 servings
Note: Drink through a straw. Blueberries stain!