Hasty Tasty Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounce package fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- dash salt
- one orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- Combine brown sugar and juice of an orange (reserve zest) in a 2-quart sauce pan. Add cranberries.
- Gently heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for fifteen minutes or until berries burst.
- Remove from heat. Stir in zest of orange and grated ginger.
- Carefully tranfer contents to the Vitamix or a food processor. Cover.*
- Beginning with the lowest speed (Vitamix variable speed 1), process cranberries to desired consistency. Just pulse a few times for a chunkier sauce.*
- Carefully pour sauce into a mold or a serving dish, cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour. Overnight is better.
*Processing the sauce is optional. Cranberries taste great either whole sauce or pureed.
Yield: 1 pint cranberry sauce
Variations: add your choice of seasonings in place of the grated ginger, such as cloves, cinnamon, or even jalapeño pepper!
2 responses to “Hasty Tasty Cranberry Sauce”
Nice recipe, thanks. I like cranberries but they need a lot of sugar added in recipes because they’re so tart.
Yes, they need sugar. I’ve made this with Splenda, but like the taste of the brown sugar best.