Everyone has a meatloaf recipe it seems. It’s a beloved comfort food that also stretches a buck. I vary my meatloaf, depending on my mood and what’s in my refrigerator. This is my favorite, ideal recipe. I use fresh produce, but chopping in the Vitamix makes quick work of the preparaton. I bake it in my Pampered Chef® stoneware loaf pan. If you use a metal pan, lower the oven temperature to 350°.
Hasty Tasty Meatloaf
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ red bell pepper
- ¼ green bell pepper
- ¼ yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- In a large bowl, combine the two ground meats with the egg.
- Remove the plug on the Vitamix lid, set Vitamix speed to Variable Speed 4, and turn on. Gradually add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper quarters until all are chopped. Add chopped vegetables to the ground meat.
- Add all other ingredients except reserve half the tomato sauce. Mix just until blended.
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan and shape into a loaf. Cover with remaining tomato sauce.
- Place loaf pan in the center of the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and allow it to cool 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Start to finish is about an hour. While the meatloaf bakes, you have plenty of time to steam potatoes and vegetables, set the table, and brew the iced tea. Enjoy your comfort food!