I didn’t realize today is National Peanut Butter Day. In honor of this holiday, I made my own peanut butter (using my Vitamix, of course. Do not try this with a regular blender or you’ll burn up the motor).
The following slide show demonstrates making one cup of fresh, all natural peanut butter. However, the process works better with two or even three cups at a time. This recipe makes two cups.
Fresh ground peanut butter
2 cups roasted peanuts
- Place all peanuts into the Vitamix container.
- Set Vitamix at Variable Speed 1 and turn on.
- Gradually increase speed to 10 then switch to high. Run for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn off machine and check contents. You may need to scrape the walls of the container with a spatula.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3. When the sound of the motor changes as if laboring, stop.
- Remove the Vitamix container from the base and scrape (using a spatula) out all peanut butter into a container for storage.
Peanut butter keeps in the refrigerator for a week, although it probably won’t be around that long! After you taste fresh peanut butter, you won’t enjoy the commercial jars of peanut butter that contain additives.
I enjoy spreading the peanut butter on a toasted slice of whole grain bread. I drizzle with honey. Nutritious and yummy! Try it and see.
One response to “Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich?”
Yum! Thank you!