From previous posts you know my husband is a turkey junkie. I roasted us a turkey for the Fourth of July! Most people do burgers and hotdogs, but not us. One of my favorite meals for using up leftover turkey is turkey salad.
- 2 cups shredded turkey meat
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Pepper and dried dill to taste
- (Optional) 1/4 cup pickle relish
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least an hour for flavors to blend. Serve on a bed of lettuce with a slice of tomato or on bread as a sandwich.