When you are rushed and want a quick yet nourishing meal, think omelettes. Or omelets. However you spell it, you can whip up one in about ten minutes. Eggs are an inexpensive protein. Mixed with vegetables or leftovers and a bit of cheese, eggs can produce quick and satisfying dishes.
Vary the ingredients. Here is one version of a quick omelet.
Hasty Tasty Herb Parmesan Omelet
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil, sliced into tiny ribbons
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat an 8″ covered skillet over medium-low heat (I use cast iron). Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together 3 eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into heated skillet. Cover and time for five minutes.
- As mixture firms, gently lift with a spatula to drain uncooked egg into the skillet to cook.
- Flip the omelet, sprinkle with fresh basil and shredded cheese, cover the skillet, and turn off the burner. Time for four minutes.
- Fold the omelet in half and cut into two equal servings.
Cooking times may vary.