I refuse to pay a lot of money for sugar-free fat-free ice cream when I can make my own. If there’s no fat and no sugar, what are you paying for?
Today I made strawberry ice cream (or perhaps I should call it ice milk) my way. It’s so easy with the Vita-mix. Here’s how:
Strawberry Ice Milk
- ½ cup skim or 1% milk
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. Splenda® sweetener
- Pour milk into the Vita-mix wet ingredients container.
- Add Splenda and strawberries.
- Turn on low then gradually step up speed to high. Use the tamper to push the strawberries into the Vita-mix blades.
- Run Vita-mix just until strawberries dissolve and mixture resembles ice cream.
Yield: 2 servings
Variation: Use real cream or half-and-half for richer ice cream
From RECIPES FOR RECOVERY ©2011 Cheryl Norman
Isn’t this a yummy way to satisfy two of your daily fruit servings plus a little dairy? Enjoy!